1. How do I book a WildED program?
Request a program for your class using our easy online reservation form.
2. Iíve heard WildED is free, is this true?
Yes. Ensuring our programs are widely accessible and available to all schools is a priority. Thanks to the generous support of our donors, we can offer our programs free of charge. Voluntary donations from schools that can afford to pay are greatly appreciated.
3. How will students benefit from WildED?
- Be aware of their personal connection to nature, parks and wilderness and make personal lifestyle choices to reflect this
- Have knowledge of the interconnectedness of the natural world and how it relates to them
- Be motivated to get outdoors, get active and discover nature for themselves
- Be encouraged to share what theyíve learned about nature and wilderness
- Be inspired to take an active role within their community in protecting nature and wild places
4. How does WildED help meet my needs as a teacher?
WildED makes it easy, beneficial and fun for teachers:
- WildED provides professional certified teachers who will deliver our program right in your classroom
- We provide all curriculum materials, supplies and props
- Our programs are BC curriculum linked, so they are easily incorporated into the unit or lesson plan you are covering at that time
- Our educators are experienced at managing classes and leading group sessions for all age groups Ė both indoors and outdoors
- We provide follow-up support and free teaching resources for ongoing learning
- Our programs are interactive and hands-on, and above all, they are fun!
5. Will I need to do any work or preparation beforehand?
We require very little. A WildED educator will contact you prior to coming to your classroom to go over any requests or questions you may have. Our basic requirements are: a room that can be darkened for a slide show, a power source, and a screen suitable for projection. Also, we request that teachers and students complete a short post-program evaluation form so we can measure how well we are doing.